Porcelain is a material that is perfectly suited to everyday life. It can safely be put in the dishwasher, which will not damage the decoration, but give it a radiant shine.
- Great care must be taken when putting a porcelain dish in the oven.
- 1400°C fired porcelain can withstand your oven's 300°C, but not thermal shocks.
- When you take it out of the oven, do not run cold water on it and avoid putting it on a cold surface, lay it on a wooden or material-covered surface, or on a cloth.
- As for microwave ovens, you must make sure there is no metal (gold or platinum) on the decoration.
Raynaud does not today make decorations with microwave-proof fake metal.
Only white or color decorations can go in the microwave.
Be creative in your use of the various pieces:
- A presentation plate can be used as a single dish dinner plate, as a cake plate, a cheese plate, etc. The dessert plate is perfect for an appetizer or cheese
- The fruitcake dish is ideal for "pâté" and also "canapés", "petit-fours" and smoked salmon.
- The soup tureen is today used for soup, "consommés", "bouillabaisse", "pot-au-feu", pasta... all the convivial and generous dishes.
- Salad bowls are also very practical for pasta, risotto, etc.
- Sauceboats can be used for fruit sauces.
- Exotic cuisine is very fashionable, and if you don't have a Thai dinner every night, remember that the bowls will look lovely filled with "hors d'œuvres" or sauce, and the cups can turn into sugar bowls.
After a long exposure to the air, silverware blackens and loses its brilliance. What should be done? First of all, and undoubtedly the first piece of advice to communicate to users of silver, the best and easiest maintenance is frequent use. Indeed, since the staining appears rather slowly, the silver will not have time to darken between uses. In addition, its regular use automatically provides for cleaning and gives all the pieces the true patina of silver.
Contrary to the popular belief, the dishwasher does not pose a large risk for hollowware; however, you must observe the following instructions:
- Place the silver and steel flatware in different baskets, as well as the knives with steel blades.
- Use washing powder only.
- Open the door of the dishwasher at the end of the cycle to remove water vapor and avoid leaving drop marks.
- When washing by hand, do not use bleach or rubber, which contains sulfur and causes stubborn black marks.
When a piece of hollowware is oxidized, it is better to choose a specific product reserved for silver, while following the instructions and using a soft cloth to apply the product. For frequent use, impregnate mitts or a chamois cloth are practical, especially for decorative pieces.